- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan PM Kishida plays golf on summer vacation
13:46 JST, August 17, 2022
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida played golf with his wife Yuko and his eldest son Shotaro, who is Kishida’s secretary, in Tsukubamirai, Ibaraki Prefecture, on Tuesday during their summer vacation.
Kishida said it was the first time he played golf in about 18 months, and the first since becoming prime minister.
“I haven’t golfed in a long time,” Kishida said. “It’s refreshing.”
Asked how the outing went, Kishida replied, “Not bad. I hit for par three times.”
Kishida is scheduled to spend the rest of his holiday at a hotel at the Izunagaoka hot spring resort in Izunokuni, Shizuoka Prefecture, and elsewhere.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible