LDP gives first speeches in metaverse
14:32 JST, June 6, 2022
The Liberal Democratic Party’s Youth Division has held its first meeting featuring speeches in the virtual reality space known as the metaverse.
The LDP is aiming to expand its support among younger voters before the upper house election by utilizing the metaverse, which is increasingly being used by young people. LDP campaign vehicles and banners were reproduced in the metaverse, and speakers including Taro Kono, the chairperson of the LDP’s Public Relations Headquarters, took the stage as avatars.
“The LDP is said to be a conservative party, but we must actively adopt new things,” Kono said, prompting applause and whistles from an audience of 500, also there in the form of avatars.
Kono and the other speakers actually delivered their speeches from a studio in Tokyo, and the audience watched via smartphones and other devices.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
Japan to promise developing nations tens of billions of yen in food aid at G7 summit
U.S. ambassador sees Japan-U.S. alliance shifting to a larger domain
U.S. mediation aids trilateral ties with Japan, South Korea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last