Kishida congratulates Australia’s incoming PM Albanese
17:02 JST, May 22, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on Sunday sent a congratulatory message to Anthony Albanese, Australia’s incoming prime minister, over the victory his Labor Party secured in Saturday’s general election.
In his message, Kishida said he wants to work together with Albanese to further advance the current solid relations between Japan and Australia and realize a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
Albanese plans to attend a summit of the Quad countries of Japan, the United States, Australia and India set to be held in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Kishida said in the message that he is looking forward to seeing Albanese in Tokyo soon.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
South Pacific island nations remain wary of Beijing
Japan’s de facto aircraft carrier Izumo to be dispatched to Indo-Pacific from mid-June
20,000 digital advisers eyed to support silver surfers
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs