- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Kishida arrives in Italy for meeting with pope, Draghi
10:57 JST, May 4, 2022
ROME — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida arrived in Italy on Tuesday morning following visits to Vietnam and Thailand on a whistle-stop international tour.
Kishida is scheduled to visit the Vatican on Wednesday to meet with Pope Francis, and will also have his first summit with Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi in Rome.
Kishida is expected to exchange views with the pope on the abolition of nuclear weapons during what will be the first visit by a Japanese prime minister to the Vatican in about eight years.
In his summit with Draghi, Kishida is expected to confirm cooperation regarding the situation in Ukraine.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace