- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Russia vows countermeasures against Japan
11:16 JST, April 9, 2022
A Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Friday that Moscow will take countermeasures against Tokyo’s decision to expel Russian diplomats from Japan, according to the Russian state news agency, Tass.
“Russia will give an appropriate response,” the spokesperson reportedly said.
Earlier on Friday, the Japanese Foreign Ministry announced it would expel a total of eight Russian diplomats and trade mission employees in Tokyo.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains