Kishida calls on Putin to make diplomatic efforts over Ukraine
23:50 JST, February 17, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida held telephone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday, calling on the president to seek a solution to the Ukrainian situation through diplomacy.
During the 25-minute talks, Kishida also urged Putin to avoid trying to change the status quo by force.
The Japanese and Russian leaders had talks over the phone for the second time since Kishida took office last year. Their previous talks took place in October.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
U.S. ambassador sees Japan-U.S. alliance shifting to a larger domain
U.S. mediation aids trilateral ties with Japan, South Korea
Japan to promise developing nations tens of billions of yen in food aid at G7 summit
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last