- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Kishida calls on Putin to make diplomatic efforts over Ukraine
23:50 JST, February 17, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida held telephone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday, calling on the president to seek a solution to the Ukrainian situation through diplomacy.
During the 25-minute talks, Kishida also urged Putin to avoid trying to change the status quo by force.
The Japanese and Russian leaders had talks over the phone for the second time since Kishida took office last year. Their previous talks took place in October.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)