- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan congratulates Emanuel on confirmation as U.S. ambassador
18:55 JST, December 19, 2021
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japanese Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi has extended his congratulations to Rahm Emanuel on the U.S. Senate’s confirmation of his appointment as new ambassador to Japan, the Japanese Foreign Ministry said Sunday.
Hayashi said Japan is happy to welcome Emanuel who has earned U.S. President Joe Biden’s deep trust.
The minister also said that he is looking forward to working closely with the new ambassador to strengthen the Japan-U.S. alliance further and realize a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)