- Defense & Security
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force Supports U.S. Operation to Rescue Tanker in Middle East
14:00 JST, November 28, 2023
Japan’s Maritime Self-Defense Force supported the U.S. Navy in its operation on Sunday to free a hijacked tanker in the Gulf of Aden off the coast of Yemen, according to the Defense Ministry.
Defense Minister Minoru Kihara said at a press conference Tuesday morning that MSDF destroyer the Akebono and a P-3C surveillance plane, which were engaged in activities to deal with pirates nearby, rushed to the location and supported the U.S. Navy such as by providing necessary information.
A British company manages the tanker.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea Foreign Chiefs Confirm Plans to Work Closely to Strengthen Deterrence
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
U.S.: Japan’s Cybersecurity Measures ‘too Little, Too Late’
Japan to Revoke Permanent Residency If Foreigners Fail to Pay Taxes
Japan and U.S. to Commence Training in Late March for Tomahawk Missile Deployment
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- ‘All-country’ Stock Mutual Funds Popular with NISA Investors
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager