- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Japan’s ASDF Aircraft Relocated to Greece From Jordan Amid Gaza Conflict
14:54 JST, November 7, 2023
One of the two Air Self-Defense Force C-2 transport aircraft that were on standby in Jordan amid the growing tension in the Gaza Strip, was relocated to Greece on Friday, Defense Minister Minoru Kihara told reporters on Monday in Tokyo.
Greece serves as an evacuation base for citizens of North Atlantic Treaty Organization member countries, and Japan reportedly intends to cooperate with those countries in gathering information.
“We’ll continue to have a C-2 on standby for the time being,” Kihara said.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)