- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Japan Dispatches ASDF Planes to Djibouti to Evacuate Japanese from Israel
13:22 JST, October 14, 2023
An Air Self-Defense Force aircraft departed for Djibouti on Saturday to evacuate Japanese nationals in Israel amid the fierce conflict between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
The KC-767 aerial refueling tanker-transport plane departed from Komaki Air Base in Aichi Prefecture for Djibouti in East Africa at about 10 a.m., carrying ASDF and Ground Self-Defense Force members as their families and colleagues looked on.
The plane will be on standby in Djibouti, where a counter-piracy mission facility is located, in case commercial flight operations are suspended, the ministry said.
Two other transport aircraft also departed from Miho Air Base, Tottori Prefecture, that day, according to the Defense Ministry.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace