- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Kishida to Visit Malaysia in Early November
13:31 JST, October 8, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida is considering visiting Malaysia in early November, in addition to the Philippines, government sources said Saturday.
Kishida is expected to visit the two Southeast Asian countries around Nov. 3 to 5 and meet with the top leaders of both nations, the sources added.
During the trip, he is seen confirming cooperation with Malaysia and the Philippines to deal with China’s hegemonic ambition ahead of a special summit between Japan and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations to be held in Tokyo in December.
Kishida is also likely to exchange views with the Malaysian and Philippine leaders on Japan’s new official security assistance program to support the militaries of partner countries.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired