- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Russia Flies Nuclear-Capable Bombers over Sea of Japan
11:56 JST, March 22, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Russia’s Defense Ministry has said two Tu-95 nuclear-capable bombers of the country’s air force flew over the high seas in the Sea of Japan, according to the Tass news agency.
During the flights, which lasted over seven hours, the bombers were escorted by Su-30 and Su-35 fighter jets, the ministry said Tuesday, adding that none of the aircraft intruded into the airspace of any other country.
Russia strictly observed international law in conducting the flights, the ministry said.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)