- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Japan, U.S. Conduct Joint Exercise in the Sea of Japan
21:00 JST, March 19, 2023
Japanese and U.S. ships conducted a joint exercise in the Sea of Japan on Saturday.
The drill was held in response to Thursday’s launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile by North Korea and was intended to demonstrate and strengthen cooperation between Tokyo and Washington.
According to the Defense Ministry’s Joint Staff Office, the Maritime Self-Defense Force’s destroyer Atago and the U.S. destroyer Milius participated in the drill to confirm missile launch-response procedures while sharing information.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Future World Order: Industrial Policies / Japan’s Efforts to Nurture Personnel Related to Semiconductors Focus on ‘Colleges of Technology’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)