- DEFENSE & SECURITY
4 Chinese, Russian bombers fly over waters near Japan
12:51 JST, December 1, 2022
Two Chinese H-6 bombers and two Russian Tu-95 bombers flew over the Sea of Japan, the East China Sea and the Pacific Ocean on Wednesday, prompting Air Self-Defense Force fighter jets to scramble in response, the Defense Ministry has revealed.
The four planes did not enter Japan’s territorial airspace.
Chinese fighter jets joined the bombers in airspace over the East China Sea, the ministry said.
The Russian Defense Ministry said it conducted joint flights with the Chinese military and deployed strategic bombers on Wednesday. China’s Defense Ministry also announced that it had conducted a joint aerial strategic patrol.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains