- DEFENSE & SECURITY
U.S. forces describe Sea of Japan as ‘East Sea’
15:28 JST, October 22, 2022
The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command and the U.S. Pacific Fleet labeled the Sea of Japan the East Sea, the name advocated by South Korea for the maritime area, in press statements about a U.S.-South Korea joint military drill held in late September..
Following a request from the Japanese government, the U.S. forces deleted the descriptions from the statements.
The issue was revealed by the Foreign Ministry at a meeting of the Liberal Democratic Party on Friday.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Japan to Provide Defense Equipment to Philippines; Patrol Boats, Radars, Drones Have Deterrence Against China in Mind
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)