- DEFENSE & SECURITY
North Korea appears to launch 2 ballistic missiles
6:51 JST, October 6, 2022
North Korea appears to have launched two ballistic missiles Thursday morning.
The Japan Coast Guard announced at 6:04 a.m. and 6:19 a.m. that North Korea had launched possible ballistic missiles, based on information from the Defense Ministry. The projectiles are believed to have fallen into waters outside Japan’s exclusive economic zone.
“This is the sixth time in the short period from late September. It is absolutely unacceptable,” Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said to reporters at the Prime Minister’s Office on Thursday morning.
North Korea also launched on Tuesday morning an intermediate-range ballistic missile that flew over Japan and fell into the Pacific Ocean.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible