- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Russian warships pass through Tsushima Strait
13:45 JST, October 1, 2022
Four Russian warships passed through the Tsushima Strait on Thursday toward the Sea of Japan, the Defense Ministry announced Friday.
The vessels passed through the Osumi Strait off the southern coast of Kyushu together with three Chinese warships between Wednesday and Thursday, before sailing in formation into the East China Sea.
“It was clearly meant as a show of force and we regard it a serious concern,” Defense Minister Yasukazu Hamada said at a press conference on Friday following a Cabinet meeting.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’