- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Japan, U.S. conduct joint drill near Okinawa
1:00 JST, August 11, 2022
A total of five Japanese and U.S. F-15 fighter jets conducted a joint training exercise near Okinawa Prefecture last week, the Defense Ministry said Tuesday.
Three aircraft from the Japan Air Self-Defense Force and two from the U.S. Air Force participated in the drill held Aug. 4.
The ministry confirmed that on the same day last week five ballistic missiles launched by China fell within Japan’s exclusive economic zone to the south of the prefecture’s Yonaguni Island as Beijing conducted military drills around Taiwan.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Japan to Provide Defense Equipment to Philippines; Patrol Boats, Radars, Drones Have Deterrence Against China in Mind
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises