- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Japan’s EEZ included in target area of China’s military drills
18:24 JST, August 3, 2022
Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno said Wednesday that Japan expressed concern to China that the target area of military exercises planned by Beijing includes part of Japan’s exclusive economic zone.
The Chinese military has announced plans to conduct a series of exercises this week to put military pressure on Taiwan as U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan as part of an Asian tour.
“We strongly urge a peaceful resolution of the cross-strait issue,” Matsuno said at a press conference.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains