- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Russian frigate passes through Soya Strait near Hokkaido
6:00 JST, August 3, 2022
The Defense Ministry announced Monday that a Russian Navy frigate passed through the Soya Strait about 50 kilometers north of Cape Soya, Hokkaido, at around 6 p.m. on Friday.
On Saturday, a Chinese Navy guided missile destroyer was seen about 140 kilometers north of Miyako Island in Okinawa Prefecture. On Sunday, a Chinese Navy frigate was spotted about 80 kilometers off Uotsuri Island of the Senkaku Islands in Okinawa Prefecture. The two warships were seen heading toward the Pacific Ocean.
In all three cases, there were no intrusions into Japanese territorial waters.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains