- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Russian ship passes between Okinawa and Miyako islands
15:31 JST, July 10, 2022
A Russian Navy intelligence-gathering ship sailing northward passed between Okinawa Island and Miyako Island in Okinawa Prefecture and entered the East China Sea, according to an announcement by the Defense Ministry on Saturday.
There was no intrusion into Japan’s territorial waters.
The ministry confirmed Wednesday that the ship was sailing westward through the contiguous zone around Tokyo’s Okinotorishima island, about 22 kilometers outside of Japan’s territorial waters.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)