- DEFENSE & SECURITY
2 Chinese ships enter Japan’s territorial waters off Senkaku Islands
11:18 JST, June 22, 2022
Two China Coast Guard ships entered Japan’s territorial waters off the Senkaku island of Uotsurijima at around 4:10 a.m. on Tuesday, according to the 11th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters in Naha.
The ships were still in waters off the island in Okinawa Prefecture at 9.p.m. Tuesday despite orders from the Japan Coast Guard patrol boats to leave the area.
The Japanese government lodged a diplomatic protest with China over the intrusion.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Future World Order: Industrial Policies / Japan’s Efforts to Nurture Personnel Related to Semiconductors Focus on ‘Colleges of Technology’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)