- Imperial Family
Princess Aiko Visits Japanese Red Cross to Attend Job Orientation; Princess Set to Begin Working in April
13:58 JST, February 2, 2024
Princess Aiko, the daughter of the Emperor and Empress, visited the headquarters of the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) in Minato Ward, Tokyo, on Thursday.
The princess is set to start working as a contract employee at the organization’s headquarters in April. It was her first visit to the JRCS since the announcement of her accepting the job offer on Jan. 22.
As Princess Aiko, 22, a senior in Gakushuin University’s Faculty of Letters, arrived through the main gate of the JRCS at around 12:45 p.m., she gave a slight bow from the car to those who came to welcome her. She stayed for about five hours at the JRCS, most of which was spent at a job orientation.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager