- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor, Empress Attend Imperial Guard Band’s 70th Anniversary Concert
21:00 JST, November 21, 2023
The Emperor and the Empress attended a concert commemorating the 70th anniversary of the foundation of the Imperial Guard Band. The concert was held at the Toka-gakudo (Imperial Concert Hall) in the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Monday.
The Imperial Guard is responsible for guarding members of the Imperial family.
The concert was also attended by the Emperor Emeritus, Empress Emerita, Crown Prince Akishino, Crown Princess Kiko and their second daughter Princess Kako.
The band played six pieces of music at the concert, including the celebratory march “Reiwa.” The Emperor and the Empress applauded for the band after each piece was played.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible