Japan’s Crown Prince, Princess attend greenery event
10:29 JST, May 22, 2022
Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko virtually attended an annual national greenery event in Nara City on Saturday from their residence in the grounds of the Akasaka Estate in Tokyo.
During the event, named Midori no Aigo no Tsudoi, Crown Prince Akishino said, “I hope many people will think about protecting and growing greenery, and that the ongoing development of environments rich in greenery will continue into the future.”
After the ceremony, the couple met with representatives of organizations that have received awards for their achievements in such fields as greening.
A commemorative tree-planting event was held at a different site in the city, during which cherry tree saplings that the couple had planted at the Akasaka Estate prior to the event were shown to the public.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs