- Politics & Government
Prime Minister Kishida to Meet Kenyan President William Ruto in Tokyo; Plans to Expand Bilateral Cooperation in Defense
21:00 JST, February 4, 2024
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will meet Kenyan President William Ruto in Tokyo later this month, the Foreign Ministry has said.
The defense authorities of the two nations plan to sign a document to expand bilateral cooperation in the defense sector. It will be the first time for Japan to sign a document in this field with an African country.
The meeting is scheduled to be held at the Prime Minister’s Office, and Kishida is expected to announce a policy of providing food aid to 15 African countries, including Kenya.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
Japan, U.S., S. Korea Foreign Chiefs Confirm Plans to Work Closely to Strengthen Deterrence
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
4 Chinese Warships Deployed Around Taiwan, Sources Say; Believed Ships Will Collaborate with Other Warships in East China Sea
U.S.: Japan’s Cybersecurity Measures ‘too Little, Too Late’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager