- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan, ASEAN Ministers Pledge to Promote Sustainable Tourism
16:48 JST, October 29, 2023
Tourism ministers from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Japan have agreed to promote sustainable tourism with consideration for local residents and the environment.
In the joint statement issued by the ASEAN-Japan Tourism Ministers’ Special Dialogue on Saturday, participants vowed to explore initiatives to create more tourism-related employment opportunities.
The ministers — including Japan, Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Minister Tetsuo Saito — also reaffirmed the importance of the sector’s contribution to achieving global net-zero carbon emissions, such as through green transportation.
Eleven countries attended the talks.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)