- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
G7 Lower House Leaders Talk Ukraine, Energy Security in Tokyo
17:37 JST, September 8, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Lower house leaders from the Group of Seven major democracies had discussions on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and energy security at their meeting in Tokyo on Friday.
From Japan, Banri Kaieda, vice speaker of the House of Representatives, attended the meeting on behalf of Speaker Hiroyuki Hosoda, who was hospitalized due to poor health.
Kaieda said that support for Ukraine needs to be maintained until Russia withdraws its troops.
Other participants included U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
The meeting was joined by Ruslan Stefanchuk, head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the country’s parliament.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains