- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Kishida Holds Talks with Polish PM in Warsaw ahead of NATO Summit
13:04 JST, July 12, 2023
WARSAW — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida held talks with Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki in Warsaw on Tuesday afternoon, discussing Russia’s war on Ukraine, the situation in the Indo-Pacific region and other issues. They also affirmed cooperation between Japan and Poland on various issues such as North Korea’s nuclear missiles and abduction of Japanese citizens.
“I’d like to closely coordinate with Poland to maintain and strengthen the free and open international order that is based on the rule of law,” Kishida told Morawiecki during their meeting.
On Tuesday evening, Kishida arrived in Lithuania on a government plane to attend a summit of a North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)