- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan Foreign Minister, Ambassadors Make Joint Trip to Promote Regional Areas
13:26 JST, February 6, 2023
Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi and foreign ambassadors from nine countries visited Okayama Prefecture on Sunday as part of efforts to promote regional cities.
It is hoped the visit — which included diplomats from the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy — will help attract foreign visitors following Japan’s easing of COVID-19-related border control measures.
Hayashi and the ambassadors strolled around Kurashiki City’s historical quarter, known for its streets lined with white-walled traditional warehouses.
Hayashi requested that the ambassadors share their experiences via social media.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace