- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Russia: Treaty talks with Japan impossible
8:30 JST, January 5, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Andrei Rudenko has said it is impossible for Russia to have talks with Japan to conclude a bilateral peace treaty now, Russia’s state-run Tass news agency reported on Tuesday.
Rudenko was quoted as saying that holding such talks is clearly impossible with a country that openly takes an anti-Russia stance and poses a direct threat to Russia.
The official claimed that the Japanese government is showing no signs of stepping away from the anti-Russia course and making no efforts to correct the current situation.
Japan, which holds the presidency of the U.N. Security Council this month, is expected to lead discussions on sanctions against Russia.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High