- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
- The political office of the late Shinzo Abe in the former prime minister’s constituency of Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi Prefecture, closed on Wednesday
Abe’s Yamaguchi office closes
13:49 JST, December 29, 2022
SHIMONOSEKI, Yamaguchi — The political office of the late Shinzo Abe in the former prime minister’s constituency of Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi Prefecture, closed on Wednesday.
The political base was also used by Abe’s father Shintaro, a former foreign minister who died in 1991.
Abe’s wife Akie, 60, and others removed two signs that read “Abe Shinzo Office” and “The Liberal Democratic Party Yamaguchi Prefecture 4th Electoral District Branch.”
“People in Shimonoseki supported Abe and his father for two generations, and they developed into politicians who represented Japan. We want to express thanks to the locals,” said Teruo Ito, 86, the head of Abe’s supporters’ group.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible