- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
U.S. administration official: Harris, Kishida to discuss Taiwan security issue
15:39 JST, September 26, 2022
ABOARD AIR FORCE TWO (Reuters) – U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will discuss a partnership on Taiwan security issues, a senior U.S. administration official said on Monday aboard Air Force Two.
The official also told reporters that Washington welcomes Japan’s increased military strength and security role.
Harris is set to attend former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s funeral on Tuesday after holding talks with Kishida on Monday.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)