- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Ex-PM Abe dines with former LDP secretary general Nikai, eyeing upper house election
13:51 JST, June 2, 2022
Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of the Liberal Democratic Party had dinner on Wednesday with former LDP Secretary General Toshihiro Nikai at a Tokyo hotel to discuss their views on the House of Councillors election this summer.
Yasutoshi Nishimura, secretary general of the Abe faction, and Ryota Takeda, secretary general of the Nikai faction, were also present.
The dinner meeting was held upon Abe’s request, according to sources who were present at the meeting.
Nikai supported Abe during his second administration, serving as the party’s general council chairperson and secretary general.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Japan to Provide Defense Equipment to Philippines; Patrol Boats, Radars, Drones Have Deterrence Against China in Mind
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)