Ex-PM Abe dines with former LDP secretary general Nikai, eyeing upper house election
13:51 JST, June 2, 2022
Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of the Liberal Democratic Party had dinner on Wednesday with former LDP Secretary General Toshihiro Nikai at a Tokyo hotel to discuss their views on the House of Councillors election this summer.
Yasutoshi Nishimura, secretary general of the Abe faction, and Ryota Takeda, secretary general of the Nikai faction, were also present.
The dinner meeting was held upon Abe’s request, according to sources who were present at the meeting.
Nikai supported Abe during his second administration, serving as the party’s general council chairperson and secretary general.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
Japan to promise developing nations tens of billions of yen in food aid at G7 summit
U.S. ambassador sees Japan-U.S. alliance shifting to a larger domain
U.S. mediation aids trilateral ties with Japan, South Korea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last