- G7 SUMMIT
Hiroshima Foods Used in G7 Leader’s Lunch Menu
15:03 JST, May 20, 2023
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida treated other Group of Seven leaders to Western dishes made with locally sourced ingredients at a working lunch of the summit’s first session held in Hiroshima City on Friday.
According to the Foreign Ministry, dishes included acqua pazza made with rockfish and mussels from Hiroshima Prefecture. Locally produced sake and white wine were also on the menu, along with desserts using honey produced in Miyajima island in Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima Prefecture.
The dishes were administered by Kazuhiko Shimoi, corporate executive chef of Seibu Prince Hotels Worldwide Inc. The beverages were supervised by Shinya Tasaki, president of the Japan Sommelier Association.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)