- G7 SUMMIT
PM to visit Hiroshima G7 summit venue
14:30 JST, May 12, 2023
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will inspect the site of the Group of Seven summit in Hiroshima on Saturday, Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno said at a press conference on Friday.
Kishida will visit the Grand Prince Hotel Hiroshima, which will serve as the venue for the summit; the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, which he will visit with the G7 leaders; and Miyajima, home of Itsukushima Shrine, a World Heritage site.
He will also attend the opening ceremony of the International Media Center.
“We’ll make every possible preparation for the success of the G7 Summit in Hiroshima,” Matsuno said.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing