- DEFENSE & SECURITY
Chinese Reconnaissance Drone Flies between Japan’s Yonaguni Island and Taiwan
21:00 JST, August 28, 2023
A Chinese BZK-005 military reconnaissance drone flew between Japan’s westernmost island of Yonaguni in Okinawa Prefecture and Taiwan on Monday morning, the Defense Ministry said.
The announcement marked the fourth time for the ministry to confirm the flight of an aircraft believed to be a Chinese drone in the airspace.
There was no violation of Japan’s territorial airspace.
According to the ministry, the drone flew from the direction of the East China Sea, passed between Yonaguni Island and Taiwan, before entering the skies above the Pacific Ocean. It then changed direction, turning away from the Sakishima Islands in Okinawa Prefecture, and flying toward the Bashi Channel in southern Taiwan.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)