N. Korea launches projectile toward sea of Japan
10:22 JST, January 11, 2022
SEOUL (Jiji Press) — North Korea fired a projectile toward the Sea of Japan on Tuesday, according to the South Korean military’s Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The Japan Coast Guard also said that an object that may be a ballistic missile was fired from North Korea.
North Korea launched a ballistic missile also Wednesday, claiming that it succeeded in a hypersonic missile test.
Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida instructed his government to make its maximum effort to gather and analyze information and provide the public with accurate information speedily.
The latest launch is “extremely regrettable,” Kishida told reporters in Tokyo.
North Korea seems to be increasing missile-related activities again after conducting intensive missile tests between September and October last year.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
South Pacific island nations remain wary of Beijing
Japan’s de facto aircraft carrier Izumo to be dispatched to Indo-Pacific from mid-June
20,000 digital advisers eyed to support silver surfers
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs