China Arranges for Japanese Officials to Visit Detained Japanese Citizen -China Foreign Ministry
17:54 JST, November 29, 2023
BEIJING (Reuters) – China has arranged for Japanese embassy officials to visit a detained citizen, China’s foreign ministry said on Wednesday.
Japanese Ambassador to China Hideo Tarumi on Tuesday met for the first time with a senior Astellas Pharma employee who was arrested last month on suspicion of espionage, Kyodo News reported citing a Japanese government official.
China arrested a Japanese businessman in March on suspicion of espionage. Japan has since called on China to release its citizen to prevent the issue from affecting relations.
"News Services" POPULAR ARTICLE
At Japan Airlines, Bankruptcy Helped Lay Groundwork for First Female Boss
Taylor Swift Launches Legal Broadside at a College Student Who Tracks Private Jets Via Public Data
Unofficial Indonesia Election Vote Count Points to First Round Prabowo Win
World Court Orders Israel to Take Measures to Prevent and Punish Incitement of Genocide in Gaza (Update 1)
North Korea Scraps All Economic Cooperation with South Korea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected