Yonhap: N. Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Toward Sea of Japan in Apparent Failed Launch
8:16 JST, November 23, 2023
North Korea fired an unspecified ballistic missile toward the Sea of Japan late on Wednesday, but the launch appears to have failed, the Yonhap news agency reported, citing the South Korean military.
The South Korean military said North Korea fired the missile from the Sunan area in Pyongyang at 11:05 p.m. (1405 GMT) but it did not provide other details, according to the Yonhap report.
The South Korean and U.S. intelligence authorities were conducting an analysis into the launch, Yonhap said.
The missile launch comes a day after North Korea said it successfully placed its first spy satellite in orbit and vowed to launch more in the near future, defying international condemnation from the United States and its allies.
Reuters file photo
"News Services" POPULAR ARTICLE
Taylor Swift Launches Legal Broadside at a College Student Who Tracks Private Jets Via Public Data
Unofficial Indonesia Election Vote Count Points to First Round Prabowo Win
North Korea Scraps All Economic Cooperation with South Korea
Private Lander Touches Down on the Moon but Sending Weak Signal
Special Counsel: Biden ‘Willfully’ Disclosed Classified Materials, But No Criminal Charges Warranted
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed