Explosions, Drone Debris Hit Kyiv, Mayor, Officials Say
11:37 JST, August 2, 2023
Anti-aircraft units worked to shoot down drones attacking the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, early on Wednesday, with drone debris falling in three districts but causing no injuries, Mayor Vitali Klitschko and military officials said.
Klitschko, writing on the Telegram messaging app, said that debris had fallen in the central Solomianskyi district and that a non-residential building had been damaged. Emergency services were on site.
Klitschko said that debris had also fallen in the Svyatoshyn district, further west, and that a tree had caught fire.
Serhiy Popko, the head of Kyiv’s military administration, said debris also came down in a playground in the Holosiivskyi district, near the city centre, and set fire to a non-residential building.
Neither official reported injuries.
Air raid alerts were lifted for the capital, the surrounding Kyiv region and most other parts of the country.
"News Services" POPULAR ARTICLE
Taylor Swift Launches Legal Broadside at a College Student Who Tracks Private Jets Via Public Data
Unofficial Indonesia Election Vote Count Points to First Round Prabowo Win
North Korea Scraps All Economic Cooperation with South Korea
Private Lander Touches Down on the Moon but Sending Weak Signal
Special Counsel: Biden ‘Willfully’ Disclosed Classified Materials, But No Criminal Charges Warranted
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager