Saudi Arabia, Iran to Re-Establish Diplomatic Ties
21:54 JST, March 10, 2023
RIYADH (Reuters) — The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Iran have agreed to resume diplomatic ties and reopen embassies, they said in a joint statement issued in Beijing, carried by the Saudi state news agency SPA on Friday.
The two sides agreed to respect state sovereignty, not interfere in internal matters, and to activate a security cooperation agreement signed in 2001, the statement said.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Actor-Director Kitano Says His New Film Explores Homosexual Relations in the Samurai World
Japan’s Nikkei Up Sharply as Chip-Related Stocks Rally (Update 1)
Japan’s Nikkei Muted; Set to Post First Weekly Drop in Five as Tech Stocks Drag
Japan’s Nikkei Pares Early Gains as Investors Lock in Profits
Israel Searches for Traces of Hamas in Raid of Key Gaza Hospital Packed with Patients
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’