S.Korea Says Will Halt WTO Dispute Process While Discussing Japan’s Export Curbs
16:19 JST, March 6, 2023
SEOUL (Reuters) – South Korea will halt its World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute resolution process sparked by a complaint against Japan as the two countries discuss Japan’s export curbs on high-tech materials to South Korea, Korea’s trade ministry said on Monday.
In 2019, Japan imposed export curbs on high-tech materials used in smartphone displays and chips during a decades-old row with Seoul over South Koreans forced to work for Japanese firms during World War Two.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Actor-Director Kitano Says His New Film Explores Homosexual Relations in the Samurai World
Japan’s Nikkei Muted; Set to Post First Weekly Drop in Five as Tech Stocks Drag
Japan’s Nikkei Pares Early Gains as Investors Lock in Profits
Israel Searches for Traces of Hamas in Raid of Key Gaza Hospital Packed with Patients
Japan’s Nikkei Inches Down as Automakers Skid on Yen Strength
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)