Shanghai Disney Resort to reopen some areas, main park and hotels remain closed
13:50 JST, June 9, 2022
SHANGHAI (Reuters) – Shanghai Disney Resort said it will reopen some retail and park areas from Friday but the main Disneyland park, Disneytown and its two resort hotels will remain closed until further notice.
“Wishing Star Park, the World of Disney Store and Blue Sky Boulevard will resume operations on June 10, 2022,” it said in a statement on Thursday.
“Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the two resort hotels remain closed until further notice as the resort team continues to prepare for the reopening of the entire resort.”
The Shanghai Disney Resort has been shut since March 21, after COVID-19 cases began rising in the Chinese economic hub that eventually led to the city’s two-month lockdown.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Russia summons heads of U.S. media outlets, warns of ‘stringent measures’
Ukraine’s volunteer ‘Kraken’ unit takes the fight to the Russians
Leaders pledge arms and EU path for Ukraine in Kyiv visit
Russian missile strike hits crowded shopping mall in Ukraine
China secretly building PLA naval facility in Cambodia, Western officials say
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs