North Korean building work advancing at nuclear site, IAEA says
9:28 JST, June 7, 2022
VIENNA (Reuters) – North Korean building work expanding key facilities at its main nuclear site at Yongbyon is advancing, International Atomic Energy Agency chief Rafael Grossi told a quarterly meeting of his agency’s 35-nation Board of Governors on Monday.
“A roof has been installed on the annex to the reported Centrifuge Enrichment Facility, so the annex is now externally complete. Near the light water reactor (LWR), we have observed that the new building that had been under construction since April 2021 has been completed, and construction has started on two adjacent buildings,” he said in a statement to the Board.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Russia summons heads of U.S. media outlets, warns of ‘stringent measures’
Turkey lifts its objections to Sweden, Finland joining NATO
Ukraine’s volunteer ‘Kraken’ unit takes the fight to the Russians
Russian missile strike hits crowded shopping mall in Ukraine
Leaders pledge arms and EU path for Ukraine in Kyiv visit
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last