Denmark’s Orsted to source gas from European market after Russia cuts supplies
9:48 JST, June 1, 2022
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) – Danish energy group Orsted said on Tuesday it would be able to source natural gas form the European gas market, after Russian state gas firm Gazprom announced it would suspend gas supplies to Denmark.
“The gas for Denmark must, to a larger extent, be purchased on the European gas market. We expect this to be possible,” Orsted Chief Executive Mads Nipper said in a statement.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Russia summons heads of U.S. media outlets, warns of ‘stringent measures’
Turkey lifts its objections to Sweden, Finland joining NATO
Ukraine’s volunteer ‘Kraken’ unit takes the fight to the Russians
Russian missile strike hits crowded shopping mall in Ukraine
Leaders pledge arms and EU path for Ukraine in Kyiv visit
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative