Shanghai says all residents in ‘low-risk’ areas can return to work on June 1
14:14 JST, May 31, 2022
SHANGHAI1 (Reuters) – Shanghai will move into a normalized epidemic-control phase from Wednesday and will allow malls and shops to reopen and people in “low-risk” areas to return to work, city officials said on Tuesday.
Railways will also resume normal operations and the number of domestic flights to the city will increase, vice mayor Zong Ming told an online press conference, adding that they will also look to adjust passenger load factors.
Public venues, however, will still need to cap people flows at 75% of capacity and people will need to show a negative PCR test taken within the last 72 hours to enter.
The city announced an end to its two-month lockdown on Monday.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Russia summons heads of U.S. media outlets, warns of ‘stringent measures’
Ukraine’s volunteer ‘Kraken’ unit takes the fight to the Russians
Leaders pledge arms and EU path for Ukraine in Kyiv visit
Russian missile strike hits crowded shopping mall in Ukraine
China secretly building PLA naval facility in Cambodia, Western officials say
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs