Russia says it hit Ukrainian warship near Odesa, downed two bombers
17:53 JST, May 8, 2022
Russia’s defense ministry said on Sunday it had destroyed a Ukrainian navy ship near Odesa with a missile strike overnight.
The ministry said its missiles had hit a ‘Project 1241’ corvette, a class of Soviet missile corvettes with a NATO reporting name of Tarantul.
Russia’s air defenses also shot down two Ukrainian SU-24 bombers and a Mi-24 helicopter over the Snake island in the Black Sea at night, the ministry said in a statement.
It said a total of four Ukrainian warplanes, four helicopters and an assault boat had been destroyed over the past 24 hours.
Reuters could not independently verify the report and there was no immediate comment from Ukraine.
"News Services" POPULAR ARTICLE
Taylor Swift Launches Legal Broadside at a College Student Who Tracks Private Jets Via Public Data
Unofficial Indonesia Election Vote Count Points to First Round Prabowo Win
North Korea Scraps All Economic Cooperation with South Korea
Private Lander Touches Down on the Moon but Sending Weak Signal
Special Counsel: Biden ‘Willfully’ Disclosed Classified Materials, But No Criminal Charges Warranted
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- ‘All-country’ Stock Mutual Funds Popular with NISA Investors
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager