- TRAVEL SPOTS
Magical Illuminations Transform Shiroyone Rice Terraces; Scenic Spot Turned into Nighttime Wonderland
13:47 JST, October 22, 2023
The Aze no Kirameki illumination event began Saturday at the Shiroyone Senmaida rice terraces, a nationally recognized scenic spot overlooking the Sea of Japan in Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture. The lights illuminating the rice paddies will be turned on for about four hours after sunset every day until March 10.
On Saturday, in time with the sunset, 25,000 LED lights were switched on. Changing between blue, pink, green, and gold, the lights fantastically highlighted the silhouette of the terraced rice fields.
A man visiting from Takayama, Gifu Prefecture, said, “I’ve been here a few times during the day, but this is my first time at night. I was moved by its beauty,” and he was enjoying taking photos.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible