- TRAVEL SPOTS
Tokushima: You Too Can Be a Character in An Art Masterpiece
15:17 JST, August 19, 2023
NARUTO, Tokushima — A popular attraction at the Otsuka Museum of Art allows visitors to dress up as characters from famous Western paintings for commemorative photos.
The museum, which exhibits porcelain panel reproductions of famous paintings from around the world, has been holding this type of event since 2017.
This year, the museum in Naruto, Tokushima Prefecture, prepared costumes for three works, Leonardo da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa,” Johannes Vermeer’s “Girl with a Pearl Earring” and Edouard Manet’s “The Fifer.” Visitors are able to put on custom-made costumes and have their photograph taken in the same poses as the characters in the masterpieces.
The event will run through Sept. 24. Admission for the event is free but requires an admission fee for the facility — ¥3,300 for adults, ¥2,200 for university students and ¥550 for elementary, junior high and high school students.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace